Rollins School of Public Health
Atlanta, GA: October 2018 to Present
Senior Instructional Content Developer
- Work with faculty to develop, design and build online courses in the Canvas learning management system.
- Research and consult on technology tools for hybrid and online learning.
Teaching and Learning Technologies: Libraries and Information Technology Services
Atlanta, GA: December 2016 to October 2018
Educational Technology Analyst | Instructional Designer
- Work with faculty to design and build courses in the Canvas learning management system.
- Design templates for the Canvas learning management system.
- Evaluate and help manage the deployment of LTI’s (Learning Technology Integrations) in the Canvas LMS.
- Create training and workshops for Canvas topics, graphic design, and interactive learning tools.
- Research and consult on technology tools for learning with faculty and technology committees.
- Research best practices for online, hybrid and face to face learning environments utilizing technology.
- Emory Libraries & Information Technology: 2017 Significant Contribution Award
- ITIL Foundation Certification 2018
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO | DENVER
School of Education and Human Development
Denver, CO: January 2015 to March 2016
- Organize day-to-day projects for eCALLMS, a U.S. Department of Education grant program that supported K-12 teachers working in multilingual classrooms.
- Manage and administrate the Haiku and Canvas Learning Management Systems for the program.
- Lead the technology team building over 21 online professional development courses.
- Shoot faculty videos and design multimedia with faculty members creating courses for the program.
- Manage course development process from initial design through testing, course availability online, summative assessments and iteration of course design.
- Design marketing materials for the program, including the eCALLMS website and promotional materials.
POP TV (formerly TVGN | TV GUIDE NETWORK) Viacom CBS
Tulsa, OK: October 2007 to November 2013
Senior Designer and Project Manager
- Project manager for animation and graphics production for Live from the Red Carpet for the Emmy Awards, the Golden Globe Awards, the Academy Awards, the Grammy Awards, and the Screen Actors Guild Awards from 2008 to 2013.
- Designed graphics for on-air, web and print advertising, including graphics for specials, shows created by TV Guide Network and CBS Network, promotions for TV Guide Network programming and tvguide.com.
- Designed and produced show main titles and original show graphics packages.
- Designed TV Guide visual branding 2012 and 2013, including the TVGN logo.
- Produced the network style guides 2010, 2012 and 2013.
- Principal designer for Upfronts 2012 and 2013.
Austin, TX: June 2006 to October 2007
- Freelance design projects for Showtime Networks, HBO, The CW Network, WFAA-TV, KUT-TV and 44 Blue Productions.
KTBC TV: AUSTIN
Austin, Texas: 2004-2006
- Supervised a staff of seven graphic designers and technicians.
- Developed budgets, created schedules, purchased equipment, trained and hired staff.
- Directed design for web, print and on-air marketing and promotion.
- Directed design for the visual branding of the station, including news vehicles, billboards, and set design.
- Designed all visual communication for a KTBC produced documentary, Tour of Duty, shot in Afghanistan.
- Winner of the 2006 Lonestar EMMY Award for Graphic Arts | Individual Achievement.
DETRIE DESIGN LA
Los Angeles, California: 1997-2004
Design Director and Producer
- Designed feature film graphics sequence for “The Master of Disguise” from Revolution Studios.
- Designed title typography for ABC Network’s “Amy and Isabelle”. Executive producer Oprah Winfrey.
- Designed animation sequences for The Discovery Channel’s Emmy winning series: “Before We Ruled The Earth”.
- Motion graphics designer on branding teams for: The WB Network ‘04 and FX Network ‘02.
- Designed and produced titles for The Travel Channel’s “Destination Style” and for E! Networks “Style Court”.
- Supervised photo and video shoots for editorial, creative and promotional use for contract projects, including E! Networks.
- Designed and produced on-air time and day system for The Fine Living Network cable channel.
- Produced numerous contract projects. Developed and managed production budgets and hired staff for projects.
Clients: The Travel Channel, ABC Network, CBS Network, the Style Network, Buena Vista Television, New Wave Entertainment (Buena Vista, UPN Network, Universal Studios, HBO, Revolution Studios), Rhino Records, Paramount, 525 Post (Televisa Canal: Mexico City), Post Group (Harpo Films), IBM, Oracle, Aerodrome (FX Network), Friedland Jacobs Advertising, E! Networks, the Fine Living Network, the Food Network, HGTV, DIY Network and The WB Network.
TEACHING AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
Milwaukee Public Schools
- Tutor: Summer Academy 2014 at Mary McLeod Bethune Academy Milwaukee, WI
- Tutor: Fall 2014 at Elm Creative Arts Milwaukee, WI
Teachers College, Columbia University: New York, New York
- Online courses:
- Teaching Assistant: Object-Oriented Theory: Java Programming I: Spring 2013
- Teaching Assistant: Object-Oriented Theory: Java Programming I: Fall 2013
High Museum of Art: Atlanta, Georgia
- Docent: 1994-1996 Wrote and delivered tours of the art collection for children and adults.
Technologies: Adobe Creative Suite; Final Cut Pro; Digital video production; HTML; CSS; WordPress; Zoom
Learning technologies: Adobe Captivate; Wikis; Google Tools; Echo 360; Poll Everywhere; VoiceThread; Panopto
LMS Platforms: Canvas, Haiku, and Blackboard